WebClick Tracer

NorMin posts highest quantity of traded goods in Q4 of 2017

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 30 March) — The five-province Northern Mindanao accounted for 22 percent of the total quantity of all traded commodities in the last quarter last year, the highest among all regions in the country, a preliminary report of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) released on March 28 said.

The PSA said Northen Mindanao, comprising Bukidnon, Camiguin, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, and Misamis Oriental, recorded a total of 1.42 million tons of traded commodities,  followed by Central Luzon (1.35 million tons) and Central Visayas (890,000 tons).

It added MIMAROPA posted 560,000 tons; Western Visayas, 500,00 tons; National Capital Region, 480,000 tons; Eastern Visayas, 290,000 tons; Bicol Region, 270,000 tons; Davao Region, 230,000 tons; Caraga and SOCCSKSARGEN with 140,000 tons each;  CALABARZON, 90,000 TONS; Zamboanga Peninsula, 80,000 tons; and Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, 40,000 tons.

Topping the list of the most traded commodities were food and live animals with 2.50 million tons worth P41.71 billion, which accounted for 72.5 percent share of all the traded commodities while animal and vegetable oils, fats and waxes commodities had the least quantity with only 40,000 tons, the PSA added.

However, in terms of value, machinery and transport equipment machinery and transport equipment commodities took the lead at P59.72 billion, followed only by food and live animals and manufactured goods at P21.24 billion.

Other traded goods were mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials P17.46 billion; beverages and tobacco P8.73 billion; chemical and related products  P8.49 billion; miscellaneous manufactured articles P7.11 billion; commodities and transactions P5.44 billion; crude materials and inedible except fuels P4.20 billion; and Animal and vegetable oils, fats and waxes 2.27 billion.

The PSA reported that the overal quantity of dometic trade during the 4th quarter was at at 6.48 million tons, up by 4.2 percent from 6.21 million tons of the same quarter in 2016.

“On the other hand, value of domestic trade declined by 2.9 percent in the fourth quarter of 2017 with value amounting to P176.39 billion from PHP181.64 billion value of same quarter a year ago,” it added.

Also, it said about 99.9 percent of the total value commodities that flow in the country were traded by means of water and the remaining 0.1 percent, through air.

The Eastern Visayas posted the most favorable trade balance in the four quarter of 2017 at P16.91 billion, followed by Central Luzon at P12.77 billion; Central Visayas P12.55 billion; Northern Mindanao P12.54 billion; NCR P6.88 billion; Davao Region P5.41 billion; SOCCSKSARGEN P3.96 billion; and ARMM P1.73 billion.

Regions with negative trade balance in the same period of 2017 were Cagayan Valley at P60 million; Western Visayas P420 million; MIMAROPA P1.57 billion; Ilocos Region P1.69 billion; CALABARZON P7.96 billion; Zamboanga Peninsula P14.10 billion; Caraga P21.59 billion; and Bicol Region P25.32 billion. (Antonio L. Colina IV / MindaNews)


Your perspective matters! Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We welcome diverse viewpoints and encourage respectful discussions. Don't hesitate to share your ideas or engage with others.

Search MindaNews

Share this MindaNews story
Send us Feedback